Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Day After "Ondoy". . .

Sunday, September 27, 2009 in the Philippines, is Resurrection-filled meaning of a day- at least for the catholics. It must be the instant reaction of the victims of typhoon "Ondoy". For the actress, Christine Reyes, her "savior" came in the person of Richard Gutierrez. For the others, anyone from the government or private sector-any good Samaritan brought "the Resurrected Christ" in person-here and now.

This happening tells us that at the very moment, untoward calamities happen, we have only ourselves and our family and loved ones to hang on to. So, let it be a timely reminder to keep close in our fold the people we live with. On my part, in fact, I tend to go "overboard" with my thoughts because I wouldn't mind going through a calamity for as long as my children are with me. I don't mind "dying" there and then for as long as I hold hands with them. I am going astray. . .

A day after "Ondoy" was a good "hands-on" experience for Secretary Gilbert Teodoro. In ANC he spoke "like an incoming president" would. Do we expect other presidentiables in other venues? After all, what should be uppermost in everyone's mind-presidentiable or ordinary citizen, is the safety of our fellow filipinos. Here I am, in Malaybalay, Bukidnon writing my blog- drinking my coffee - while viewing ANC- praying that anyone who is out there, all alone, amidst waters, is finally rescued. Please join me in praying and hoping earnestly that "Ondoy" leaves our country ASAP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment